Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jekyl & Hyde

I wish I could just make up my mind already. First, I was ready for school to end. Now, I can't wait for it to start. Then, I was excited to not work this summer 'til I got "summer cabin fever". A condition brought on by repetitive and monotonous housework and childcare. Going to work's been sounding pretty good. So, I get a call last week asking if I can work and of course I say, "Sure!" Now, here I sit at the computer on the eve of my day back to work and I have knots in my stomach. This weekend of having a garage sale, 4 children who think casting fishing poles indoors is acceptable, and church stuff has done a number on my poor house. I feel guilty leaving it like this and getting caught up on it in time is impossible. Not to mention, tomorrow night is soccer for all 4 kids and we still have two kids who need me to go get them cleats and shin guards. There was a triathlon here at the park today which means all of the garbage cans are practically overflowing. Brooke has surgery in Tacoma early Tuesday morning. I'm sure a freezer full of Popsicles and some clean laundry would be helpful. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. Oh yeah, and I've had an ever increasing migraine since Friday night. What was I thinking? No is an easy little two letter, one syllable word. Oh well... how bad can a simple 8:00 - 4:30 shift be? Other people do it all the time. It's just so hard to force myself to do it when I haven't had to. I think I can hear the clock ticking a countdown. tick-tick-tick... Arghh!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gee Natalie, I wonder why you're getting a migraine? And you know I can totally sympathize with your "called in to work" dilema. I totally feel your pain right now, and I just want you to know that you aren't the first woman to have to go off to work with laundry/house/etc. left undone. You rock, and you're an awesome mom. Anything I can do to help?

    ReplyDelete