Thursday, January 15, 2009

What A Guy

Russell, bless his heart, has a new habit. As soon as he takes his clothes off, he throws them in the DRYER. Now, keep in mind that he's only 8 and the world of laundry is fairly new to him. So, technically, it's pretty sweet to see him doing this "helpful" thing on his own. In his mind, he's just being a responsible big person who washes their own clothes. I tried to monopolize on this and teach him to throw them in the washer instead. He really seems to like the dryer though.


This morning, I walked around the lake picking up MORE litter that the flood brought in. When I came inside, I was feeling pretty nasty. Call me a girly girl, but tromping through the mud, standing garbage cans back upright after draining muddy water from them, and picking up soggy garbage makes me feel downright smelly. So, I ran a hot bath and went into the laundry room to wash my work clothes in HOT water (and extra soap... with an extra rinse cycle...) Sure enough, sitting there in the dryer were the jammies that Russell had taken off before school this morning. It made me smile. Eventually, I'll get him to put them in the washer and add some soap, etc. For now, it sure is cute & definitely one of those things that I want to remember about him later.

4 comments:

  1. You're halfway there to having laundry help! You're lucky it gets to the laundry room. I can barely get mine to pick their dirty ones off the floor.. THE CLEAN ONES TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even think my kids know what the word laundry means. The thought that one of the would actually have the compulsion to DO some laundry-ish thing is completely mind-blowing. So bless Russell's clean little heart - he get's the laundry-kid of the year award from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO not just a girly-girl, I would do the same thing! And that IS so cute, my father can't even do that much so Brava Russell!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalie, I haven't read for awhile, but loved getting caught up on your world. Russell is funny and adorable! That is so cute. I didn't think about you guys during the flooding, because I forget that Elma ponds flood SO much. Oh, lovely, the clean-up.

    ReplyDelete