Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodnight Sweetheart...

I just love the phenomenon that is bedtime. No other time of day (although trying to get out the door to school is a close second) can get me so riled up. Okay, homework time gets under my skin too. (Wow, what's happening to me? I used to be so CALM...) Well, anyway... You know, it's not the going to bed part that's so upsetting. That part is glorious. It's the fact that my kids know just how to pull my strings and I fall for it every time. I mean, seriously, all 4 kids just HAVE to get out of bed to have a BM as soon as I've tucked them in every night? Then there are the drinks... and somebody always cries that they're starving... and don't forget the monsters. Brooke won't rest until I've checked out every shadow, nook, and cranny in her bed room & said double prayers to make sure those evil monsters and bad guys won't get her. I put them to bed at eight and here it is quarter after nine and guess what? I don't hear snoring. None. I would really be berating myself about this if it weren't for the fact that this is so classic. I know we're not the only home in America with kids who try to push the bedtime limits. I sure tried it with my mom. But still... Can't a mom get some peace?

7 comments:

  1. It's so funny that as you get older, all you want to do is be in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are in good company. And what is it with the bedtime-BM's??? I NEVER remember pulling that one! We have a rule that if you say you have to go (#1 or 2) and don't produce you get a swat. It has cut back on the phony ones, but it still happens an awful lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days of postponing my bedtime, and now it's like I can't WAIT to get in bed! Why can't we appreciate when we're young? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, glad to know my kids are not the only ones pulling all that crap. Luckily they are still little and don't know they can actually get up and get around...well, Kelsi is starting to think she can roam, but Brody never tried. Once in bed, there he stayed-awake or not. But I am so sick of kids who all of the sudden realize they are STARVING the second we say prayers and tuck them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight-midnight. I used to be ahead but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere, and it's a tight race now. I would so much appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥
    YOUR VOTE REALLY WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, hope all is well. It's been a while since we've heard from you!

    ReplyDelete